You got engaged… congratulations…. So what’s the next step?
1) Choose date…. Set a date that is important to you if you can such as when you first met or your great grandparents wedding anniversary. This makes the date easier to remember.
2) 1-2 years in advance…Choose a venue. Sometimes you may have to be flexible with dates or change the year you are getting married if you have a dream venue in mind
3) 6-12 months in advance….Choose a Celebrant. Your Celebrant is a very important part of your wedding. Choose someone you feel comfortable with and who best fits with the personality of you and your fiancé.
- Sign the Notice of Intended Marriage with your Celebrant. This needs to be signed one month and one day before you get married and no more than 18 months.
4) 6-12 months in advance… Ask your Bridal Party to be part of your special day.
5) 6-12 months in advance…. Think about a theme and or colour scheme.
6) 3-6 months in advance Start organising flowers, hair and make-up, DJ/Music, cake, cars and a photographer and or videographer.
7) Send out save the date cards about 6 months before your wedding day.
8) 1-2 months in advance….Begin to finalise Ceremony with your Celebrant.
9) Send out Invitations approx. 2-3 months before wedding date. Earlier if people need to organise accommodation, flights and or babysitting.
10) 2-3 weeks…..Finalise ceremony with your Celebrant, including Vows.
11) 2-3 weeks…. Hens/Bucks Party
12) 1-2 days before weddings….Sign Declaration of No Legal Impediment with Celebrant/Rehearsal.
13) Get married.